Cleantech & EV'sNews

The world’s largest EV battery maker will build its own $1.83B offshore wind farm

Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), the world’s largest EV battery maker, is going to build its own $1.83 billion offshore wind farm.

The Chinese EV battery and battery storage giant’s offshore wind farm, which will be sited near the company’s headquarters in Ningde in southeastern Fujian Province, will provide clean energy to power its own operations, reports Caixin.

The Fujian Provincial Development and Reform Commission approved the construction of the 800-megawatt (MW) offshore wind farm on Monday, along with related battery storage projects. CATL is required to start construction within two years.

Fujian Runshi Offshore Wind Power, a subsidiary that CATL registered in April 2023, will develop the project. CATL’s green energy unit owns 96% of the subsidiary company, and state-owned Fujian Mindong Electric Power and PowerChina Fujian Electric Power Engineering own the other 4%.

The world’s largest EV battery maker reducing its carbon manufacturing footprint with offshore wind – that’s a real win.

Read more: Stellantis plans deal with CATL for LPF batteries, new gigafactory

If you’re an electric vehicle owner, charge up your car at home with rooftop solar panels. To make sure you find a trusted, reliable solar installer near you that offers competitive pricing on solar, check out EnergySage, a free service that makes it easy for you to go solar. They have hundreds of pre-vetted solar installers competing for your business, ensuring you get high quality solutions and save 20-30% compared to going it alone. Plus, it’s free to use and you won’t get sales calls until you select an installer and share your phone number with them. 

Your personalized solar quotes are easy to compare online and you’ll get access to unbiased Energy Advisers to help you every step of the way. Get started here. –ad*


Author: Michelle Lewis
Source: Electrek

Related posts
GamingNews

Nintendo Direct features Endless Ocean, Shin Megami Tensei and others

GamingNews

Xbox confirms all four new multiplatform games

GamingNews

Gadget-Bot takes Kaidro anime RPG to Ronin blockchain

AI & RoboticsNews

Arm unveils Arm Neoverse CSS V3 chip designs for AI efficiency gains

Sign up for our Newsletter and
stay informed!