This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including a series of Tesla recalls that are not really recalls, Ford makes a fascinating comment on Tesla, Nikola Motors is in troubles again, and more.
The show is back live every Friday at 4 p.m. ET on Electrek’s YouTube channel. As a reminder, we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the YouTube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5 p.m. ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps:
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla’s heat pump problem causing loss of heat explained in new NHTSA recall
- Tesla is asked to disable Boombox feature when in drive, NHTSA deems it a safety risk
- Ford CEO: We would rival Tesla right now if we were producing enough electric vehicles
- Tesla loses Roadster chief engineer behind several important vehicle programs to Ford
- Tesla is ‘feverishly’ working on new Roadster that will be an ‘exciting flying machine,’ says chief designer
- President Biden finally acknowledges Tesla as ‘America’s largest EV maker,’ calming Elon Musk fans
- Here’s the DFEH lawsuit against Tesla, and it’s way more serious than the company made it sound
- Tesla gets all its Supercharger cables stolen at brand new station
- Nikola Motors (NKLA) loses its whole supply chain leadership, puts hiring freeze as situation looks dire
- Biden announces $5 billion over 5 years for a nationwide EV charging network
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4 p.m. ET (or the video after 5 p.m. ET):
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.
Author: Fred Lambert