Last week OnePlus confirmed that it will update the OnePlus 5 and 6 series with Android 10. Today, the company announced the rollout of Open Beta 1 which brings Android 10 to OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
The Android 10-based Open Beta 1 update includes new UI design and location permissions for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Additionally, it comes with full-screen gestures that allow inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back.
The beta update also includes a new feature called Game Space which offers quick access to all your games and options like Fnatic Mode and Graphic Optimization in one place.
Here's the full changelog of Android 10-based Open Beta 1:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
Those who are enrolled in the beta program will receive the Open Beta 1 through an OTA. But, do note this beta build is only for the unlocked, non-carrier variants of OnePlus 6 and 6T. And, before you proceed with the installation, make sure your device has at least 3GB of storage and 30% battery.
Since we are talking about a beta build here, it's worth mentioning that beta software is not as stable as official builds and may contain bugs. If you encounter any after installation and feel like going back to Pie, OnePlus has shared the rollback packages for both 6 and 6T. You can find them at the source link below.