Beta 1 of Android 13 is available today and will be most people’s introduction to Google’s next major OS version. We’re diving into today’s release of Android 13 Beta 1 to find what new features have been added.
Over the coming hours, we’ll dive into all of Android 13 Beta 1’s new features and every single change. (The newest updates will be at the top of this list. Be sure to check back often and tell us what you find in the comments below.)
Google is planning six milestone releases over the coming months before the consumer launch later this year to Pixel phones and other devices. If you want to quickly install the Android 13 Beta 1 on your compatible Pixel 4 (XL), Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, and Pixel 6 Pro be sure to check out our step-by-step guide.
- Found at the bottom of Developer options
- As part of its large screen push, Google said it was interested in stylus input on tablets
- Tapping the pencil icon lets you edit text
- Settings > Display > Lock screen
- Works with Google Home app
- Listed as “Unavailable” before disappearing
- 16 in total
- 11 single colors (+7)
- 5 dual colors
- The seek/progress bar now SQUIGGLES the part of the line you’ve already listened to
- Compared to DP2, it’s much more stable with repeat/shuffle shuffle actions always showing
Author: Abner Li