This week on Electrek’s Wheel-E podcast, we discuss the most popular news stories from the world of electric bikes and other nontraditional electric vehicles. This time that includes a major upgrade from Lectric eBikes, new e-bike models from VanMoof and Yamaha, plus some interesting larger vehicles such as an RV built on a pedal tricycle, a scaled up RC car for adults, and a Chinese micro-car that woke up in the US.
The Wheel-E podcast returns every two weeks on , Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.
As a reminder, we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends, the video will be archived on and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps:
We also have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the Wheel-E podcast today:
- Lectric eBikes announces major electric bike update that will stop you in your tracks
- Yamaha launches special edition electric bike to celebrate 30 years of building e-bikes
- VanMoof launches two new ‘ingeniously simple’ yet high-tech electric bikes
- These two guys built the world’s smallest (and cutest) camper on a bicycle
- Check out this street-legal scaled-up 60 mph Tamiya R/C car that fits two adults
- No, you shouldn’t get too excited about GM’s $14,000 electric mini-truck. Here’s why
- Someone in China just sent me an electric micro-car. Here’s what showed up
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 10 a.m. ET (or the video after ~11 a.m. ET):
Author: Micah Toll